CONTROL SYSTEMS INTEGRATOR
Contribute to innovative and unique control solutions to align with project and client’s needs. Contributes to a variety of Automation Projects, including PLC Programming, HMI Programming, SCADA Programming, DCS Programming, Network Configuration, AC & DC Drive Setup & Configuration, Instrumentation, Electrical Schematic Drawing development, and Commissioning/Startup Support Services.
Specific Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Development of system P&IDs, wiring schematics and drawings, panel layouts, and other associated automation system design documentation under guidance and oversight from engineers and Senior Designers.
- Electrical design duties for controls systems serving industries including but not limited to: Dairy & Food, Brewery, Ethanol Production, Grain Storage & Handling, Packaging & Material Handling, Water & Wastewater Treatment, Refrigeration, and Industrial Machinery.
- PLC Programming on various control systems including Allen Bradley ControlLogix & CompactLogix controllers using RSLogix 5000 software, MicroLogix/SLC controllers using legacy AB software, as well as other systems under guidance from engineers and senior integrators.
- Programming Human Machine Interfaces (HMI) and Operator Interface Terminals using RS Studio ME software under guidance from engineers and senior integrators.
- Electric motor drive selection, setup and configuration duties for: Mitsubishi FR series, Allen Bradley Powerflex VFD and Kinetix servo drives, and SEW Eurodrive.
- Selection of instrumentation for level, pressure, temperature & flow measurement and control systems under guidance of engineers and senior integrators.
- Design of control panel layout, motor control center layout, electrical schematic development, and component specification under guidance from engineers and senior designers.
- Field services including system startup & commissioning assistance and troubleshooting.
- Applying knowledge while working on significant and complex projects.
- Work alongside experienced professionals known for advanced solutions.
- Learning within a friendly, supportive environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field, or Associate’s degree in engineering or minimum five years related experience.
- Knowledge of PLC based sequencers, programming in ladder logic, function block, and structured text. Knowledge of PID control and loop tuning.
- Personal computer skills: Microsoft Office products
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work efficiently autonomously or as a member of a team. Demonstrated ability to be a team player, with the willingness to help others within the department and company.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work; ability to multi-task
- Ability to: walk in uneven ground/set/slippery locations, climb steps/ladders, lift up to 75 pounds occasionally, bend/stoop/twist, drive to customer locations, etc.
- Knowledge of other various PLC manufacturers products
- Knowledge of other various HMI manufacturers terminals
- Knowledge of other various manufacturers AC & DC drives
- Knowledge of servo & stepper motor controls
- Knowledge of industrial safety standards and Safety Instrumented Systems.
Call us at 608.325.5600 for more information.